Friday, June 6, 2008

And so the fun begins...

TGIF...we are exhausted and worn out from the events of this week!! The last days of school, graduation (of pre-k), end of the year banquets, parties, making (and monogramming) teacher gifts, last hugs and kisses for the summer from every teacher, etc. Whew!! Enough to do us all in!! Right now Ramiro and Andre have just passed out, thank you Lord, and I went in to check on them and found Ramiro like this:














On Tuesday, he was very disappointed that many of his friends got Congratulations balloons at Graduation...and of course he didn't! I failed again! Oh well, I promised that on the last day of school (Wednesday) that I would get balloons for all of them and we would celebrate his GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT of another year of Pre-K! And believe you me...some days it is a huge accomplishment!

Well, this morning I had planned with a local farmer to take my kids there on a "field trip" to see how things grew! My children are just figuring out that corn comes from the dirt!! Sheltered, I know! It was a hot and crazy ordeal! Thankfully, the farmers wife (Ms. Smith) is a retired teacher and was very good with my kids! I had given them the run down of expectations all the way there...you know "please, thank you, yes ma'am,etc."...oh and "act appropriate, don't run around like a bunch of crazy animals, be respectful of her things"...you get the point!! Huh...forget that noise...Ramiro got out of the car and off he was. She took us to the corn field, the watermelon patch, squash, tomatoes, etc. It was amazing...we ate corn straight off the field...raw...it was awesome!! Ramiro of course took his and threw it on the ground...he doesn't like the feel of the silk apparently!! Ugh!! Sorry ma'am, he just doesn't understand how to deal with things he doesn't like the feel of. I'm embarrassed!! Oh well...but all and all...it was a success! Ms. Smith was patient and understanding of my trouble "herding" Ramiro from thing to thing...she gave Dakota and Andre lots of attention and answered all their questions about how things grew!! I wanted to get some pictures...but I was trying to keep Ramiro out of the bee colony they had there for making honey!! That would have made a fun start to the summer don't you think??

Once we got home, all Ramiro wanted was his "congrats" balloon and his bed!! He was tired, full of tears, and clearly done with our field trip for the day!! And so was I!!

Congratulations Dakota and Ramiro...another year was a success!! Your mother is very proud of both your accomplishments! You guys are wonderful boys!!

No comments: