Tuesday, May 5, 2009

For the love of running.

Wow...a week since I've posted, it might be a record. I wanted a chance to let it soak in...my last post and all. If your scratching your head...here it is. The rest of this might make better sense if your just joining this blog.


I've had a trillion things going on in my head. Weird how "processing" works, huh? One minute you think you've got a handle on things, the next your uncomfortable when someone says "are you ok?". Uncomfortable because your not too sure if you are really "OK" or ever were!?!@?


Things that seemed so normal before, things that never really stood out...now they sting.

I attended a wedding this past weekend. I've never found myself holding my breath during wedding vows before (not even my own), but this weekend, I did. The wedding was precious and I'm excited for them both...they're currently in Jamaica...hate them! But, I'm here to tell you...a wedding brings an interesting gamut of feelings when you've just gotten "unmarried". Not to mention all the "love" talk...



Once I got home and kissed all the kids, I quickly threw on my running clothes/shoes and was out the door. I wanted to sing to my ipod and run like a kid...I was tired of adult issues and complicated feelings. Instead I ran through tears of sadness which had been burning in my heart since the wedding. The mental replay of "till death do us part" stung like alcohol in a fresh wound.

I suppose this is a process...one of ups and downs. Goods and bads.
It was a wonderful feeling to run again and let go of all the disappointments that felt so new, but strangely, so familiar.

I ran hard and it felt great!
I laid my burdens down and it felt so freeing!

I was reminded of the things I love and my heart was relieved!

With all the crazy yo-yo emotions and feelings that seem to be missing...I still love!
I love many things, and lots of things...
but that day, in that moment...
it was simply that I love to run!


No comments: