Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Hour



I reach the point every summer

when the heat of the day is just too much

and I'm forced to face the early morning hours.


And though getting up at sunrise feels like

trying to break a bad habit-

as I step outside and see the first few moments

of the day, here on the farm....

I know for certain that Happy Hour starts at 5:30 A.M.


There is no other way I'd rather spend it

than to be drenched in sweat, running-
with this as my backdrop:




"The world around you seems to spin faster and faster,




till everything is a blur.



Yet there is a cushion of calm at the center of your life,



where you live in union with Me.



Return to this soothing Center as often as you can,



for this is where you are energized:



filled with My Love, Joy, and Peace.



The world is a needy place;



do not go there for sustenance.



Instead, come to Me."



-Jesus Calling (March 9)


No comments: