Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Collision sport

"Football isn't a contact sport; its a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport."


~Vince Lombardi

This is one of the reasons why having 3 boys in football keeps my stomach in knots.

It's also one of the reasons why I can't sit in the stands like other parents;

the years of trauma surgery has ruined me!


Thankfully Andre's wrist was fine!

He made a big sac

(or is it a sack? or maybe its called a tackle?)

that cost him a twisted up wrist.

He recovered fairly quickly and all was well again.


Lord, watch over my boys....

protect them from those half grown kids that eat animals on steroids.

And Lord give me strength to stay calm

when MY BABY'S at the bottom of the pile!

And also, can I put in a request for new weight regulations

for middle school football?

The word collision causes me such anxiety!

Amen.


~PLAY BALL!~

No comments: