Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The broken places.

I love that God speaks to me in the most unusual ways. I love how He uses my vision to minister to my heart.

I love that when I walked up to my Granny’s garage/driveway, I saw this:

 004

….but I heard this: “Jill, I have called you to bloom in the cracks of life.”

I’ve got to be honest, my first reaction was “Well thankyouGod….seriously, can I just be in the flower beds with all the other pretty flowers?” It’s true. I’m not proud of my attitude, but I am thankful that He speaks to me through the simplest of things. Even if I don’t particularly like the message!

I’ve thought about this picture constantly since that day. I’ve thought about how difficult life can be. How pain can scar lives. How brokenness can feel so deep that hope drowns.

When I took this picture with my cell phone, I saved it as my wallpaper. That flower (blooming right there in that specific but most unlikely place) made so much sense to me!

It was a perfectly simple message of how I see God molding my purpose…to bring hope and healing THROUGH the cracked and broken places!

*Thank you God for the simple ways in which you speak!*

 

No comments: