Thursday, September 27, 2012

A picture worth a thousand words.

Losing always hurts. Especially when your #12!

The tears of disappointment that flood when you gave everything you had~ and it wasn’t enough.

The sting of defeat that burns through a young athlete.

A necessary-evil, I suppose.

IMGP8646

But the bitter gets sweeter when a friend comes along~

a tender heart, a compassionate soul,

one who knows the weight of this moment and without hesitation says “I’ll walk with you”.

IMGP8645

There was something unbelievably moving as I watched this exchange (last year, 2011 season)~

and I assure you that it takes a boy of great character to give what was given to my son that day.

IMGP8652

It was a beautiful expression of friendship that will be talked about in my home for years to come!

What a blessing I have found in the journey of growing up little boys into men!

1 comment:

Kristy Isbell said...

I cried like a baby reading this. Thank you so much for sharing this. Austin has such a caring and loving heart, and yes he knows how it feels to play hard and still not get the outcome you want. I'm so blessed that he is my son and it warms my heart to know that when he saw a need for compassion he met it.
Thank you again, Kristy Isbell