Friday, July 11, 2008

The masterpieces!





Here she is...Ms. "walking" Madelyn Rose!! We are working on her elegance...but at least she is getting from point A to point B! Let the fun begin!!

Speaking of fun...the little boys and I (Dakota's in Alabama for 5 weeks with my parents on the farm, bless his spoiled rotten heart!) did an art project yesterday! I know, so "home makerish" of me, I did feel proud!! It's so much fun too, to find paint today in places you were sure they were not!! Ugh!! Anyhoo.. here are their masterpieces!! It's interesting to me to look at them and well, your not supposed to do this but, compare! Andre painted a rainbow...I thought he did a nice job for being 3 ( I did use a scrap paper to draw one out for him...he then made his own on the canvas). Ramiro did his completely by himself, he doesn't need help you know, because he's 4 ! *eye roll* (I did have to salvage his sun...he was getting frustrated/meltdown with the yellow paint being GREEN...wonder who mixed the colors together... ahem, Andre...after all, you can't have a green sun, it wouldn't go with his blue & purple grass..??...) I asked Ramiro what he painted...I didn't have the foggiest idea. He said "Well, here's some grass (on the lower right hand that is green, blue and purple) and then there are 2 flowers, one pink and one red (those would be under the sun, I thought they were candles maybe), and the pink flower is sitting in brown dirt. The red flower has no dirt." I congratulated him on a pretty picture but inside wondering about his painting...is it age appropriate?? At 4 (almost 5) shouldn't his grass, dirt and flowers be more clear??

Curious about the poor red flower that had no dirt in which to survive in and grass that wasn't within reach, I then asked him about that flower, how would it grow without soil and nutrients?? His response, "This red flower doesn't need dirt Mom, only the sun. It's magic. You'll know this when you finish to grow up". (Oh, I'm so sorry for my lack of intelligence...and btw, " finish to grow up" ?? I know I have a long way to go here...but I thought I had them fooled better than this!!)

... speaking of "home makerish"...the buzzer is ringing...my squash casserole is done!! So there...feeling redeemed!!

**update** Guess the jokes on me...feeling redeemed?? Not so much. The kids might be right about my intelligence. Casseroles turn out better if you put ALL the ingredients in it! Take for instance, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Ugh, details. My squash casserole (made with stuffing) tastes more like cornbread!! Will it help if I add it now?? Just kidding!! I think.

No comments: