Friday, November 7, 2008

How fast life changes

Our church family has once again this week been given the opportunity to practice what we preach...loving people in the midst of great trials...and once again a death in our church family.

This sweet girl, Megan, passed away last night in a tragic car accident. Her mother, Linda, is an active member of our church (she teaches my children every Sunday) and is desperately needing our prayers this evening! This was a photo I took of Megan when we gave her our dog, Jasmine, almost 2 years ago! Jasmine was needing a home with fewer kids and Megan was needing some puppy love!! It was a perfect fit!

I had just hugged her neck (Meagan's) Friday night at our fall festival at church...and tonight I just can't grasp how fast life can change.

For my friends and family who live out of town...and read this blog...clearly you do not know this family...please be in prayer for this single woman, Linda. I simply can not imagine the depth of her loss and what she will face in the days ahead.

Lord, please teach us to love as you do...to serve as you would have us serve. As these next few days are sure to bring much pain and sadness for Linda and our church family, allow us to be a reflection of you.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

This is so, so sad.
I heard about it today at work. I know Linda's heart is just broken.
I simply have no words, but I will take it to the Lord in prayer. Thanks for the sweet post about Megan. She was a sweet young lady.

Anonymous said...

Jill,
I'm so sorry to hear the loss of this beautiful young lady. I will keep her mother and you in prayer during this difficlt time.
I found this passage and would like to share it with you.
Psalm 116: 12-16
What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord, I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints, O Lord, truly I am the servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.

The Lord has loosened this childs bonds to this earth to return to him. Her salvation is proof of the living God and even in death and will be rewarded.

In his love,
Lis