Monday, April 20, 2009

Don't underestimate the danger of a ziplock bag!


This post is much different than my typical posts...today I'm giving a warning about ziplock bags! A simple gallon size ziplock bag sent chills up my spine today!


My #3 child, Andre...who is now home full time, was with me in the kitchen while I talked with a friend on the phone! Note...I was with him in the kitchen, but distracted and had my back turned to him...no big deal really, he is 4 (almost 5) after all! But, I heard a faint sound and turned to see that he had pulled the ziplock bag over his head and couldn't get it off b/c it was too tight (typical try the ring on...it goes on easy but will NOT come off kind of situation!!!)! Actually, I had to rip it myself to get it off! His mouth and nose were completely covered with plastic and he was trying to cry but couldn't get a breath to do so!


Oh how it sickened my stomach...I have many of times run out to the garage while leaving them inside, sent an email, blogged, etc. while my kids are awake. It wouldn't have taken long and Andre would have found himself in a seriously dangerous situation!


Mothers, Fathers, babysitters... watch those ziplock bags!! I've never really thought about them much...especially for a child that is so old but clearly curious!! All it takes is a few minutes...


I'm thankful tonight that my 4 children are all safe and healthy!!
And I'm especially thankful for Andre...my prince charming...tonight!!
Thank you Lord for your protection!!

No comments: