Tuesday, April 7, 2009

He covers me there with His hand

In the past, I have posted several times a week...sometimes even every weekday. You may have noticed that I've not done so recently. And if you have noticed, you get an "A" for being observant!

This week is a weird week for me and tomorrow specifically, my life will take a drastic turn. If you know me...you understand what's going on, or can assume...and I ask for your prayers.

Deep inside I feel like a wreck but on the surface level, I think I'm managing ok. Weird dynamics to manage for sure! One minute I think "I'm gunna get through this, and do so gracefully" and then the next I'm fighting the uproar of tears that sends me into shakes. Oh, the drama!

For now, I'm trying to keep busy...planning for my first born's birthday on Easter Sunday specifically!

I will probably not post until later in the week, or maybe even the weekend...I'll attempt at my usual "birthday" post for Dakota. This one's a hard one for me to find words for! I'm not sure there is a language to adequately describe my relationship with Dakota, and what it was like to have a child (under my humble circumstances at that time 11 years ago) on Easter Sunday!

But for this week...I need time to sort, process, cry and do my own thing. I needed to feel free from the expectations of blogging about how I'm doing this week. I will eventually share more, if I can. Thank you in advance for praying for me and my children. I ask that you understand that we are all walking on unfamiliar territory and that emotions are raw. I may not respond to every email or return every call...but thank you for caring to do so anyways! I find myself unable to always have the energy to respond, but I do want to express my gratitude for those of you who are wanting to be of support. It doesn't go un-noticed, and I am very thankful!

Until then, the song in my heart has been:

"He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life with the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand,
And covers me there with His hand.
A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
He taketh my burden away;
He holdeth me up, and I shall not be moved,
He giveth me strength as my day."

This week, as moments of darkness come over my emotions, could it be that the darkness is merely a shadow of His hand over me? I'm in good hands!!

No comments: