Sunday, June 21, 2009

Goodbye Florida...

Soon my computer will be in a box, like everything else I own (minus the kids, ha)!


Soon I will have said every goodbye that can possibly be said.


Soon I will shut my front door here at 515 for the last time.


And soon I (with my parents, a 26 foot truck, 4 kids, 2 additional cars, & my 100 lb Weimer) will pull out of town with some wonderful memories of my time here...actually small update here: the 26 ft. trailer isn't enough...maybe we will have to make 2 trips!! ugh!!


A lot of life has been lived in KH these past 7 years. I've had incredibly fun times and have great stories to tell. And I've had some of my deepest pains here as well. I've cheered and screamed for my kids first ball games. And I've sobbed buckets of tears for the baby I lost. I've been honored to serve in my church in many different ways. And I've learned the tough lessons of giving too much and wearing yourself thin.


But, I've grown to love this town and the people in it. I love the fact that I can walk to almost any place of business, all the schools and parks are around the corner. I love the parades, love the lakes and love the closeness of the families. I'll miss my neighbors (Grace and Gary) like crazy and know their lives will be awfully quiet without my kids running around our 2 houses!


And though this has become home...there is still no place like "home"...and "home" for me has always been Alabama! I will miss the beach sand, but I love the smell of red clay. I've learned to enjoy the Gators (and can somewhat tollerate the orange/blue thing...though it is dangerously close to Auburns!!)...but I love me some Alabama football!!


As I leave, I know the emotions will be just as this post is.


Confusing. Bitter sweet. All over the place.


I hate to leave. But I'm glad to be going.


Thank You to all my friends here who have supported me, loved me and my children. Thank You for allowing me to fail but yet giving me encouragement to grow! Thank You for all the support this past year but yet giving me room to manage my emotions and allowing God to "realine" my thinking!! Thank you for all the good times but yet sticking with me through the recent trials!



As the days are now becoming hours that I have left here...my emotions are beginning to unravel. The tears that I have fairly successfully managed to keep under control are beginning to reach their breaking point!



I will end with this saying I've heard...(but can't tell you where)



"How lucky I AM to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard!!"



Blessing to you my precious friends!!

I love you all...Jill



ps...I will post soon once in Sweet Home Alabama!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Jill,
I wish I knew you more while in Keystone..Apryl spoke so highly about you & you were always so sweet and kind to everyone in sight when we were around each other. What a great and blessed role model you are! God bless you and your family in Alabama :)

Michele said...

Jill, I know we didn't hang together all the time, however, the time we did spend together was great. I enjoyed our quick talks and then traveling to and from Orlando.

I believe (no I know) you will be fine. You are a strong woman and your children are blessed to have you as a mom (even though they may not know it now). That Dakota is a sweetheart and will be a wonderful husband someday, just keep him sweet and being that gentleman he is and (save him for McKenzie), ha, ha.

I know the road is tuff right now and your not sure what God has in store for you, but remember, God will not give you more than you can handle and when you are overwhelmed, stop, re-evaluate and see what needs to either stop, get rid of or just be still. I know this is not what you invisioned but God has a plan and just keep telling yourself this and look to Him.

Life will be crazy until you are settled, but remember to STOP and take time out for the kids and yourself. They will not remember that you had to get it all done and put away in a day or so, but that you took time out of unpacking and just enjoy them.

Don't be so hard on yourself and remember you are not only loved by God, but by your friends/family.

While we were in the pool today, McKenzie asked how far Alabama was, I told her I wasn't sure why, she said no reason. So let Dakota know that even know he is not here, his friends are still thinkging of him. Who knows, we might even come for a visit.

Well, I guess I said enough. Once you get all your contact info, please pass it on. We would all like to stay in touch.