Monday, June 1, 2009

Little Drummer Boy part 2

Remember this night?



Yes, the night of Dakota's first band concert...the one that didn't go as planned. The night that I truly thought I was coming to the end of my rope...and it was displayed in front of a hundred or so parents who were only wanting to take pictures of their child's concert.


Well, thankfully now that night is only a memory.








Today Dakota had his last band concert of his 5th grade year. It had been rescheduled 2 times due to rain (it was an outside concert) and therefore got put off until this morning! I decided to brave the event one more time with the kids and see if I could manage to bring both little ones (we met Ramiro there). It went well! Very well actually!

btw...Roll Tide Baby!! That's my boy!!
And you do know that it is very cool to continue wearing your Safety Patrol belt throughout the day right? Of course it is...but only if you let the shoulder strap hang from your waist!! Then, and only then are you all over the word "cool"!!


Dakota did great and seemed to have a good time.


Want pictures?

I thought you would, so I took a few!



And look how angelic the 3 little ones are being? I mean, who would have ever thought that they could sit together...side by side on a blanket and not fight, punch, kick and slap their sibling? I was amazed and delighted!!

oh, and Roll Tide here too...gosh, are we noticing a trend here?? We are ready for some Alabama football!! WHOOT WHOOT!!

Dakota...you are so talented, gifted and blessed! And it is my privilege to be your mother! You are going to be a great musician, a great athlete and a wonderful man!
I absolutely adore you!
And your sweet spirit moves the deepest part of me!
You did an awesome job today and Ramiro, Andre, Madelyn and I were thrilled to watch you...and are proud to be your family!!
I love you buddy!!

Did you see your standing ovation this time??

No comments: