Friday, March 25, 2011

Behind the lens of a runner.


When I run-

I am almost always aware of the beauty around me.

The Lord uses the scenery to whisper

into my heart.

Here are a few of the moments while out running

that I just didn't want to forget:
This one is my favorite....I live on farm lands and cows are everywhere.
I run here several times a week and I'm in awe every time!


This one was in Michigan,

and though the reason why I was in MI- I want to forget,

the beauty of this stream that was iced over was still incredible!



This one was from a stream coming down off the mountain around the corner from my house.

We had a huge storm several days previously that left us flooded

and rarely have I ever seen water in this stream until this day.

The sound of it was incredible!


These rolls of hay were from the field across the street from my house.

Call me weird, but there is something about hay that is just beautiful!



This one is an old graveyard down the road from my house.

I have looked at every grave and wondered about their stories.

There are more children buried there than I can hardly deal with.

But, I've always enjoyed 'graveyard running' cause if your

looking for quiet, your sure to find it there!!


Also down the road from my house,

who would have thought to put a porcelain tub here?
Because I live on very old farm lands, makes me wonder

if it was used as a laundry basin by the stream way back in the day.



Where I live.

Enough said.

Simply beautiful.




This was a trail I ran on before breaking my ankle/foot.

It was breathtaking, in every sense of the word.



Same trail, at the top of the mountain.

I belong here.

Home.




Another farm in the cove where I live.

It keeps me coming back for more!



Still another stream close by my house.


I'm getting anxious to get back outside and run-
the beauty of where I live can't be fully enjoyed while inside!!
And though I've come to understand recently that not everyone
loves the great outdoors, aka life on a farm-
I run/live here because this place brings healing to my soul!











No comments: