Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The author of my story






First, I have to add 2 pictures I just love that were taken recently of Madelyn and I! What a joy is it to finally have a girl and to see yourself through her (notice I didn't say "IN HER"...ahem)! I have to remind myself to stop kissing her and get something else done!! Like dishes, laundry, cleaning, pulling weeds...none of which are any fun!!


I could sit and look at her all day...but let me see if I can pull myself together and manage something else for a few moments...here goes............


There are many things that I have thought to blog about...things I want my kids to know about "how things were back then", things I think they would enjoy being reminded of (don't we all like to hear stories of what we did when we were little??), and certainly the day to day struggles and joys of managing a large family! I certainly could have kept this all very private...journaling (pen and paper) is not easy for me, but I could have done this blog idea without it being public for everyone to see! I have wrestled with this idea (public/private) for some time. My main issue here is simple...why would you care?? Why do people go and read other blogs?? More of the issue...why would we read about a total stranger?? I have wondered why anyone would even care to read what I have to say...I'm a fairly normal (that's relative, I know...)mother with normal obstacles to overcome. Maybe the truth is...not many will read them, and that's ok! In a world where we are overcome by schedules and demands on our time...who has time (even if they did care) to sit and read all these "life stories" when we are barely surviving our own? The reality too is I'm not even sure If I'll even know who is reading them unless they leave a comment!


So...the long and short of this issue...my children will one day see these and I want them to be thankful I did this! Though I'm clearly not a writer (can you tell that I write like I talk??) and am not eloquent with much that I do or say...the Lord has given us all a story! I think we forget to think of our lives as such! A story that has its drama and its lessons. Its failed attempts and its triumphs. A story that the Lord finds extremely important and unique to each of us! The Lord has used others to teach me many things...and maybe the same can be true here! Our Savior should be praised, for I too have many blessing to share and my hearts desire is to trust Him to be the ONLY AUTHOR IN MY STORY!






No comments: