Saturday, August 23, 2008

All is well!

Well, I think we did what they officially call "hunkering down"!! I now realize that's a nice way of saying "prepare for out of control kids and horrible cabin fever"!! I'm thinking we might survive though and as far as I'm concerned...its time to go shopping!! Yahoo!! Isn't that what mothers deserve after being locked in the house for 3 days with her 4 kids?? I'm thinking so!! JoAnns' here I come!! I may not buy a thing, but I want to look at it all and touch everything!!

This morning we have woken up to the very unfortunate sound of chain saws!! Apparently something has fallen across the street and then we have this big tree down next door that our neighbor is going to have to contend with!! Yesterday afternoon, this very large tree just couldn't take it anymore!! I heard it fall...silly me, I thought it was a tornado (since we had a few of those in our county)!! This picture is only half of the tree, the other half is completely blocking her driveway and until it gets moved, she's going no where fast!! I feel blessed, our house is completely surrounded by very large, old trees and thankfully, they all survived!!

So today the kids have a big job to do!! We have 2 1/2 acres of debris to clean up and tons of Spanish moss to rake!! The boys are thrilled to be doing anything outside...even if it is cleaning!! And as for me cleaning up outside...I might be too old for that now!! I am after all, over 26!! :)

No comments: